Sony SRS - D5 2.1ch Multimedia Speakers
Its been more than a week since i bought these truly awesome speakers. I had ordered them from Flipkart.com at Rs.2569 (free home delivery ) ;). It was indeed a big gamble buying these speakers as these are totally new in market and there were hardly any reviews available on internet. I had already seen Creative, Logitech and Altec Lansing’ 2.1 speaker systems but I was never fond of them and i wanted to try new. Sony’s brand name and the affordability of the speakers helped me convince to go for it. Never has there been a single moment when i have lamented this decision of mine. Now coming to the review of Sony SRS – D5 i would like to summarize it down in following points:
- The Sub-woofer Bass is just brilliant and when i played “Woofer testing Songs”, the room was full of the vibrations and it was damn soothing. Even when you play normal songs, You can adjust the bass according to your requirements and when you don’t want any bass,trust me, at min. Bass you will hardly notice the presence of sub woofer and vice versa.
- Listening to Music is awesome as the sound quality of speakers is superb. At highest Volume also, there are no crackling sounds. All the voices are clear and enticing.
- The maximum volume is loud enough for a normal room but don’t expect too much volume level as the focus of these speakers has been on quality and not on the loudness.
- Watching Movies is truly amazing with these speakers. The Sub-woofers do an excellent job in boosting low frequency sounds and speakers give good surround sound effects too. If you are watching a horror or action movie with a lot of sound effects, these speakers won’t let you down and you will end up watching one movie after the other .
- For Gaming too, these speakers are delightful. In fact, these Speakers have been built with more focus on Gaming though they are completely an ideal Multimedia Speakers. Playing Counter Strike, Need for Speed or just any game will be a treat on these speakers.
I might sound biased as I am all full of praises for these speakers but if you are looking for a good set of speakers within Rs 3000 than SONY SRS – D5 2.1 Speakers is perhaps the best choice. Here are the Specifications from Sony’s website http://www.sony.co.in/product/srs-d5 :
|Speaker System (Satellite)
|Power Output (Satellite)
||10W + 10W
|Power Output (Subwoofer)
||Satellite: 60mm, Subwoofer: 115mm
||Satellite: 8ohms, Subwoofer: 3.6ohms
|Amplifier Input Impedance
||6 kohms (at 1 kHz)
||Connecting cord with stereo mini plug (approx. 1.5 m) × 1
||Stereo mini jack × 1
||Satellite (approx. 1.5 m) x 1, Subwoofer (approx. 2 m) x 1
||DC 13V (supplied AC power adaptor)
|Dimensions (W x H x D) (Satellite Speakers)
||Approx. 109 × 203 × 135 mm
|Dimensions (W x H x D) (Subwoofer)
||Approx. 193 × 243 × 233 mm
||Satellite Speakers: Approx. 680g (Left), Approx. 610g (Right), Subwoofer: Approx. 2,450g.
||AC power adaptor x 1, Operating Instructions x 1, AC power cord x 1